Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's a Start!

I have decided to create this whole............"thing" because I wanted to be able to post my projects online for others to see without paying to post them. Currently everything I make I have for sale on www.etsy.com unless it is a special project for something specific. I have only been working with wood as a hobby since June of 2009 and it started with a spoon.


-I have a couple of really good friends that I give credit to for the whole start of this hobby. I had gone over to dinner at their house and noticed a hand carved spoon from some wood which escapes me currently that he had carved and thought it would be cool to have one. I had asked him to make me one but figured it wouldn't be too hard to do myself with a knife and any piece of wood. So one day I had invited this same couple over to boil down some maple sap into syrup and took a knife and a pine 1" * 4" board with me to carve while the sap boiled down. Long story short the spoon above was the end result and thus the beginning of my hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment