Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tired


It was a good weekend full of great hiking, beautiful scenery and good friends. The cabin we stayed in was amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have any pictures but I do have a few videos that I might put up of the cabin. When we arrived on Friday we hiked one of the lower peaks called Hurricane which was 3694 feet. I borrowed snowshoes from a friend and ended up getting a nasty blister on both heels about 3/4ths of the way to the top which really sucked. It was all worth it in the end though. On Saturday we all decided to hike Algonquin which is the second highest of the High Peaks at 5114 feet. I had almost decided not to even go because I couldn't even walk on flat ground in my shoes very well but couldn't back out that easily. About half way up my friend Anna asked if I wanted to switch snowshoes with her to see if that would help any............Um, YUP!!! From that point on my heels never touched my shoes which was the only reason I could finish, thanks Anna! Near the top there is a branch off in the trail where you can head to Algonquin or Wright Peak which is 4580 feet. We decided that we didn't have the time to do Algonquin so headed up to Wright which was amazing. I don't know what the wind gusts were when we were there but earlier in the day they were upwards of 80mph. On the way down we ran most of the way which is fun and strange in snowshoes hahaha. The first two pictures are from Hurricane and the last two from Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment